The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Friday, December 24, 2010

SSCS, guess who

This was my first time with Chookyblues’ SSCS but making and sending my parcel across the Tasman was really exciting and I truly hope my secret partner enjoyed and liked her ornament and the gifts I so enjoyed making.

I was very very lucky, my SSCS partner had obviously done her home work and even the Christmas ornament was in just my type of style, have a look here, isn’t it just lovely? 001 I did think about putting it up on a wall as it’s a lovely wee garland, but chose the tree instead and I think it looks just great there.  Look at the word on the star in the middle, our own Miss Faith thought the star in the middle 012was just for her.  Speaking of who, look at the little Miss herself all grown up, what a doll.

Now I do have a bit of a problem with the lovely lady who sent me the decoration and other gifts, the only indication I have as to who sent the gifts are initials – so I did a little detective work and think my partner was Julz G,002 I hope I have that right and don’t offend anyone.  Anyway, Julz if it was you thank you soooo  very much, if it was someone else, thank you too but please let me know who you are.

OK, now I was very good and kept my gifts under the tree until this morning so here are the treasures that I received. 003 Firstly a great cushion done in applique and 004stitchery. Just look at the wee bugs aren’t they sooo cute?

Then, this is where the homework was 005really done… the most gorgeous little coffee mug complete with two cappuccino sachets.  check out the inside of the006 mug, there is even a dear wee rose there, so precious and so delicate all complete with its own fab selvedge 007coaster and cute little hat box.

Then… my dear secret friend supplied a l009ittle pattern to keep me busy through the seasons until this time next year.

Now, how’s that for being spoilt??

Thank you so much my secret friend and Chookblue, thank you again for organising such a great swap – so when do we sign up for the next one?  LOL.

I hope you all have had or are in the process of having a wonderful Christmas surrounded by family and friends may the year ahead be full of good health, comfy wealth and lots of quilts.

Merry Christmas

hugs

a name Miche'le

3 comments:

  1. hi Miche'le,
    I'm so glad that you liked your presents. It was a pleasure to put them together for you. Hope that you had a wonderful day with family, as I did.
    cheers Julz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a Julz gift, she is such a sweetie and so generous. Lovely gifts Miche'le and Miss Faith....... (wolf whistle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes good detective work........the right swap partner........a gorgeous bunch of goodies........

    thanks for being part of the SSCS 2010..........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor