The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Monday, January 9, 2012

Woo Hoo, It’s Here

 

I think during  his  flight around the world our Santa had a touch too much milk and cookies and lost his way. 

You see, I took part in Chookyblue’s Secret Santa Christmas Swap (aka SSCS) and come Christmas Day my Secret Santa hadn’t visited here, sadly.  Chookyblue kept in contact asking if the elves had dropped any parcels here and each time I told her no but yesterday the elves flew by my letter box and left this …

003

So very quickly I carefully opened it – no I didn’t, I ripped into it eager to see what was inside, yeah…

004

Marg was my partner from Australia – between you and me Marg I think the Post Office are taking the long way round to deliver parcels to NZ, probably via the UK, LOL.

Marg sent me a lovely card and tells me that she is from SE Queensland where she lives with her husband and 8 children – good lord Marg how on earth do you get time to do anything with such a family? 

OK – I’ll carry on ripping into the presents

005

006

Oh my gosh, look at this lovely ornament.  The machine embroidery is just gorgeous, so delicate and intricate – wow, I love it!

And because Christmas has been and gone I can keep opening the other gifts – hehe

007

008

Yeah, my own little Mug Rug,  with more beautiful embroidery. I’ve been making lots of these for people just lately but never made one for myself.  Now I have one to use when drinking my Christmas ‘noggin’ *wink*.

010Now just look at what was inside the next little package (I got spoilt didn’t I?) Another lovely ornament each little block so carefully folded, geez Marg, you have been so generous and there is still another parcel to go – wow.

 

011

How gorgeous is this???? A delightful hearts table runner and every heart is from a different Christmas fabric – here, have a look.

012

013

014

Marg you have really outdone yourself and all I can say is a huge thank you to you for your generosity and skill, these gifts I will use and admire for years to come and to Chookyblue, thank you again for another successful SSCS.

Yeah, I love Christmas and late arrivals just make the joy last longer woo hoo!

Merry Christmas and lots of hugs

a name Miche'le

11 comments:

  1. You have been spoilt!!
    What lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patience was duely rewarded ( not that you really had a say in it. ) but all that extra anticipation made it more exciting. It is always a relief when something shows up as parcels have been known to go awol completely.
    Enjoy your late( extended ) Christmas. Are you sure there isn't a little parcel of rain in there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased it finally arrived hun. Gorgeous goodies and that decoration, wow is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know what's happened to the post, as I've only just received a Christmas parcel (from USA)yesterday. I'm sure it was posted in plenty of time, but who knows where these parcels get to on their journey. Love your goodies, you are certainly a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what do they say then... all good things come to those who wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to get Christmas packages after Christmas! Such wonderful gifts! Homemade is always the best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo alright, that is fantastic, you must have given up on it ever arriving. And it only had to come from Oz! Beautiful gifts from Marg, that mug rug is adorable, in fact everything is ......
    Have a great day Miche'le!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - lovely gifts - love the table runnner. Aren't you pleased the elves didn't take a summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your SSCS arrived at last. Lovely presents from Marg:-) I love Chookyblue`s swap.It worked perfect for me all the way up here in Norway this year as well.
    Have a Happy New Quilting Year 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Michelle, you received such lovely gifts!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry for the delay in commenting but thankyou for being a patient SSCS participant.........this parcel sure did take a LONG time to get across the ditch.........lovely gifts from Marg.........thanks for being part of the SSCS once again..........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor