The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Monday, November 2, 2009

Stitcheries and little people


Oh my goodness, we have just had the thrill of looking after little Faith again, hence little to no action on my blogspot! She is an absolute delight and as you can see in the photo even makes cuddle time with mum exhausting - but aint she cute?  I try not to steal myself away to my little spot of paradise (the sewing room) when they come home for a visit, but what does one do with ones hands when there is no stitching in them?
During the odd nap time I did sneak in to my stash and create a little stitchery that was inspired by a very small poster I saw, fortunately my stash is well and truly full so I didn't have to sneak into the shop for any extra's. It's amazing just how much you can get done during nap time!   Well now they have all gone back home and the house is very quiet so the other little stitcheries I had underway are now finished, I'll take a photo of them later to show you.
During the weekend I sewed like a women possessed.  My niece is due to have a baby soon and as her baby shower is next week and I want to make sure she has a cot quilt from BHQ.  I still haven't worked out whether the 'great aunt' title will refer to size or the fact that my family is starting to show my age - the cheek of them!
My beginners class has just finished it's last block in their sampler quilt.  Over the last nine weeks they have grown so much.  Skills with a rotary cutter have improved and the magic quarter inch is now habit - yeah! Sashing strips next week then sandwiching and quilting, they are almost there. It is such a thrill to see the passion developing and hear chatter about what projects they want to do next.
Well, it's been a long day and I can hear my bed calling.
night night
Miche'le

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor