The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tis The Season and the Reason

By now I should really be packing up the new and freshly washed sleep wear, toiletries and of course a little stitching to take into hospital with me, however this afternoon I received a phone call that told me the operation has been deferred to goodness knows when.  This news was no real surprise as the hospital I will be going into is in Christchurch.  Poor Christchurch, the city that has been hit for a second time with a major earthquake.

So what do I do now?  Well, what about getting stuck into the SAL ‘Tis The Season’ as organised by Chookyblue?  I’ve beena stitch a long moaning and groaning to her that I need something to do and now I can get started in just a couple of days – yeah.  All are drawn up, ready to go.

Thank you to all of you that sent your good wishes for a speedy recovery, I’ll just stash those away for when I do get the operation done *wink*.

hugsa name Miche'le

4 comments:

  1. Miche'le, my prayers are going to all those affected by this tragedy that has hit Christchurch. I hope you get to talk to all your family and friends soon and your operation can be set up soon. Looks like a special project is fixin to take place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too comfortable there chook, we Cantabs bounce back quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Miche'le, I can understand your frustration. All elective surgery throughout the country has been deferred until later dates. We postponed all our electives at Waikato too until Christchurch gets back on her feet. AndI can only echo what you say...poor poor Christchurch.

    Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long. And just think, you'll be able to get another quilt started before you go in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with the sewing. I knew you would just sit there and twiddle your fingers somehow. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor