The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Waterlogged Season

 

I’m not really a fan of the rain – that is unless it’s really belting down and is accompanied by thunder and lightning – then I like to sit inside and do the ‘nesting’ thingy.  So when the weather is drizzly I try to get motivated and get things done in the sewing room so I don’t get to see just how awful it is outside.

003Today it’s been drizzling so I’ve been stitching up a storm. 
First up I have managed to finish “Tis the Season”,  the SAL stitchery wall hanging that a number of us, under the guidance of Chookyblue have been working on.  Apart from the small stitchery blocks mine is very different from the pattern.  The original was scrappy where I have chosen just two colours plus a little red pleat as the first border.  I’m sorry I’m no photographer and I kind of forgot to take any close ups Sad smile.  Thank you Chooky for organising this – now I’m ready for the next.

The next finish today has been a little applique bit that I shared a006 while back.  Since then I have done a little trapunto, a bit of beading and an awful lot of hand quilting.  I really like this hanging it’s simple colours I find really calming.  The photo isn’t very good and makes the whole thing look slightly distorted but I think that’s just me being a rotten photographer again.

So, there are two more ‘finishes’ for OPAM, yeah, those UFO’s are slowly shrinking in number – but I’m not going to share with you how many I have just yet Winking smile.

hugs

a name Miche'le

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt looks fantastic..I am like you just two fabrics...and how good does that applique look you must be so pleased Miche'le

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor