The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's never too early–is it?

A few nights ago I was chatting to Dawn on line about whether or not to start a new project or continue working my way through a growing pile of UFO’s.  We were both ooohing and ahhhhing over Anni Downs latest book of inspiration, Some Kind of Wonderfulsome kind of wonderful. I couldn’t decide, should I make the sweet little coin purse or what about a needle book for a friend?  Later that night I had dismissed the idea of starting anything new and continued with the stitching I was working on.  Well, blow me down, something happened overnight (insert weird music) because when I woke up and long before I showered and got dressed I had pulled out co-ordinating fabrics and decided to make the Travel Documents Wallet out of the book.  A travel document wallet is just what I’ll be needing especially when I get to toodle off to Tasmania next March, hee hee, more on that in another post.

So, here I was fabric, trim, magnetic catches and the rest – as they say (whoever they are) is history, but here are the photo’s.

008

009

010Having got all inspired about travel and wanting to make a whole heap of  useable ‘stuff’ to take with me I turned my attention to my sad looking suitcases. actually they’re not that bad and I can’t justify buying new ones but… I can make some case labels to add a bit of ‘craftiness’ to  them.  Taa daa, luggage labels, Miche’le Style.  Now I just need to find one of those hole punch thingies and put a little rivet in it so it all looks just right.015

So, there’s my catch up for this week, our little shop has been humming over and yesterdays Sit’n Stitch  Friendship day was full of chatter and laughter, just how we like it.  I hope your week has  been full of inspiration and friendship too.

hugs

a name Miche'le

6 comments:

  1. Hi Miche'le
    Lovely blog, why is it we can not just do one thing at once... may be we have different kind of brains than most folks, something to do with stitching and fabric I guess....
    Do you have any news or details on the Tasmanian Stitch In in March next year I don't seem to be able to find anything any where... and would love to go !!
    Hugs Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...I am so pleased you changed your mind....LOL...they are just so lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo love everything, but must admit love the luggage tags, might have to get stitching can't have you looking better than me. I am lucky enough to have a travel document wallet Nik gave me to match my bag for my birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh ooh ooh. it looks adorable and yes why not make it..it was quick and enjoyable so yes I agree go for it.. lol... must stitch the few little ones I am planning on doing
    Hugs Dawn x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of the paper craft places have those kinds of hold punches.

    Great job! I love it when I wake up all inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book is on my wish list. :) The luggage tag turned out beautiful! Love your blog! Found you through Fee's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor