The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Saturday, October 29, 2011

In the nick of time

 

With just three weeks to go until our youngest daughter gets married I have been racing through projects, knowing that for a week or so around the time of the wedding the only sewing I’ll be doing will be last minute alterations and I wanted to make sure that I managed to get the OPAM quota in ( not that our two chief OPAMers crack the whip at us if we don’t get things done).

SQUIGGLE

005

This is my latest finish, it’s Carrie Nelsons Schnibble called ‘Roundabout’ and I think it’s just gorgeous.  I had a number of charm packs sitting on my shelf calling to be used and wouldn’t you know it, I had just enough to complete this little Schnibble.

Now, some of you may be wondering where on earth the name Schnibble comes from and in fact is it a real word?  I know that when I mentioned it at a group day a couple of years ago I got laughed at and told that there was no such word by those that thought they knew better.  Well, sit up and take note… Schnibble is a real word and it has been published in the Dictionary of American Regional English. It means a scrap, small bits of cloth or left over bits of fabric.   What a perfect word – I love it.

Well, I had better sign off and add this one to the tally before the end of the month dawns.

imagesCACPMXR0

Have a happy spooky Halloween one and all

a name Miche'le

5 comments:

  1. Very cute table runner. I never knew that about Schnibble!...funny that it comes up with spell check needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased you explained what a scnibble is - I have been wondering for a while!! And I love the word too - scrumptious!! Love your scnibble quilt - which of her books was it from? - I have my eye on one of them - hope it's the same one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Miche'le. I love the Schnibbles projects, have a *few* sitting here waiting patiently to be made. lol
    Thanks for shedding some light on the word too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work and congrats to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor