The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Friday, October 21, 2011

Secrets unrevealed.

 

Hello one and all, please excuse my absence for the last few weeks.  I have no excuse whatsoever except that life kind of got in the way, life and stitching.

Over the last couple of weeks we here at By Hoki Quilts have had number one grand-daughter, Miss Hannah, here to stay and tonight little Miss Faith has come to keep us company.  This time she’s not so much into her stitching as she is the toy garage and cars that DH bought for her.  Actually I’m not sure whether they are really for her or for him as he seems to have a great time ‘playing’ cars with our precious 3 year old.

67631535_p

Stitching hasn’t entirely taken a back seat, I’ve been working on my SSCS and of course because it’s a secret I can’t show you it, then there are the PIF projects that are underway – but they too are secrets – funny isn’t it that at this time of the year everything is a secret, how on earth am I suppose to add to my OPAM tally without giving a few games away?

67631535_p

One little exchange I can share is the xstitch Christmas ornament exchange done through TTE2.  My one should have made it to the198 other side of the world by now so I’m sure I’m not giving anything away. My partner is mad keen on cats so that sent me searching through the old Christmas magazines for just the right image and came up with this little beauty .201 Here on the right is a close up of the little baubles that I used to decorate the tree.  I do hope my partner likes it.

Next I chose to make a bag for the trip in March to Tasmania.  The colours I used are not really ‘me’, but I had recently frontmade a quilt flimsy and although I liked the stitchery in the quilt the surrounding fabric colours just didn’t ‘do it’ for me, so I unpicked backit and used some for my new bag – aptly named ‘the Tassie Bag’.  I wanted the bag to be a fun but functional bag so enclosed plenty of pocketslots of pockets and added just a little fun button to remind me to keep smiling.a little rodent  However I’m sure that once under the wings of the girls over  there I wont need a reminder at all.

Well, I guess that is about all for the moment I don’t want to bore you all silly and will save other bits and bobs for my next post.

take care, hugs

a name Miche'le

6 comments:

  1. The bag is gorgeous !!!! Can't wait to squeeze you tight when you get here..... Love and Hugs - Fee XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I love your bag too--- and all those pockets,brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you never need to make excuses for your absence!! I totally understand as I am always in the same boat!! And now that the weather is warming up, it's easy to spend more time outside instead of in front the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm I love your bag... can I have it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bag, gorgeous colours. You are quite the organised girl, bag is ready 5 months ahead! Cute kitty ornament, your partner is a lucky girl. Have a lovely Labour Day - hope there's no sore heads after the game last night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great decorative use for buttons - love it - thanks for sharing!
    http://incomparablebuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor