As the start of a new month arrives, I am so very pleased to be able to add a couple more cushions to the collection – officially they were made last month so I suppose I should include them into my August OPAM total.
The first is another ‘stitchery’ type complete with a few Prairie Points to add interest.
I altered the pattern slightly, not the stitching but the piecing, just to make the cushion a little more square. I’m really happy with this one, the whole thing made from my stash – yeah.
The next cushion is very different. A touch of candle wicking. So oldie worldly but so calming to sit and stitch.
Another made from my stash, I had the calico but not the candle wicking cotton so I used 4ply knitting cotton. It took some effort to stitch with it but I think the results are just great (for me).
As you can see from this close up I machine quilted around the outer edge of the stitching. I did a small stipple to flatten the outer out letting the candle wicking ‘pop’.
There should have been another little cushion but while I was busy putting the outer sashing's on it my machine started misbehaving – or so I thought. On inspection I found out that the little arm that keeps the bobbin casing in position had broken – it had just plain worn out. So now my wee Pfaff is visiting her surgeon and hopefully will make a full recovery. I know I have other machines, mostly Featherweights, and they are great for piecing, but they’re not Miss Pfaff and I really do prefer to stitch on her.
Today is the first day of Spring here in New Zealand – and judging by the amount of unplanted flowers (aka weeds) sprouting up in the garden I guess I need to do some outside work this weekend.
I hope you all have a great weekend