The ramblings from a small quilt shop on the South Islands West Coast of New Zealand

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yeah, purchases arrived

A couple of weeks ago and prior to the loss of my wallet I spent an evening letting my fingers do the shopping.  Amazon was where spent just a little bit of DH hard earned cash – don’t tell, he doesn’t know!   Anyway, I found three lovely books from Blackbird Designs, lookee here010 , aren’t they just yummy?  Well, they arrived the day before yesterday and after pouring over the contents I found a dear wee cross stitch pattern.  So with teabags at the ready I put my fabric in to soak.  White just wasn’t doing it for me, 015 I wanted that aged look.   The cross stitch design is very small and I altered it just a little bit but I’m pretty happy with this new, old looking sampler that I’m going to put into another mini pillow.  Unfortunately the flash on my camera has made it look a lot lighter than it really is.  In real life it’s almost a tan colour.

Sunday’s bag making class went down a treat. 003 Although small in numbers the ladies were such fun that teaching them was easy and at the end of the day they all left with a completed project which I’m thrilled with as004 all to often I find many classes don’t see the project through to completion.  In the end UFO’s from courses gone by just pile up.

Well, I guess that’s it for now, I’m busy with yet another cross stitch for another mini pillow, then once that’s done the patterns for more that I ordered last night should be here (yep, I did it again), so I can get stuck into those, then I should be just about ready for getting into those stitcheries I got a while back.  Busy, busy.

hugs one and all

my signature

2 comments:

  1. hmmm that credit card got the better of you huh!!! Every girl needs a spend every now and then! You just enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky ladies with their bags. They all look lovely.
    Happy stitchingX

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for popping by and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas and will get back to you if needed, hugs - Miche'le

Related Posts with Thumbnails

By Hoki Quilts, the shop

By Hoki Quilts, the shop
Come on in..


visited by Fiona (fionamarie.com) and her daughter



Visited by Gail Garbor