Over the last week or so I’ve stitched, appliqued, pieced, quilted, stuffed and sent. That took only seconds to write but crikey, I’ve been going flat out for days.
Firstly I needed to get my TTE2 Xmas decoration finished and posted. It wasn’t a huge project but trying to get the flipping thing onto the blog was darned near impossible because of the flipping gremlins that made themselves at home in my computer – arghhhh, technology is great…when it works properly! This is just a tease of my exchange as I don’t really want to show the full thing until it arrives at it’s destination. I just hope all the little beads don’t set off some alarm somewhere – eeek!
Next I had an idea for a new beginners pattern rattling around in my head so after some drawings and finding ‘just the right fabric’ I set to making a sample. It’s not complicated by any stretch of the imagination but it’s achievable for beginners and that’s what counts. Anyway… it’s a table topper called ‘High Tea’ and involves cutting up a odd doily to add a bit of texture. Must have done the dusting that day, not a speck of dust in sight *wink*.
T-h-e-n, it was onto getting another Christmasy thing finished. This time I made Nancy Halvorsons ‘Merry Christmas’ wall banner. It went together really well and I was on a roll as I started the quilting. I even did lots of little holly leaves all over it. then I checked the back – oh no!!! birdnests everywhere. Mmmm, if I were a cross stitcher I’d say I spent most of the day ‘frogging’ but being a quilter I just unpicked – the lot!
This little pile doesn’t look like it took that long to ‘undo’ but it did and what an expensive exercise that was – it’s all Valdani thread. So in absolute disgust, I re pinned the thing out and quilted it as quickly and simply as I could – taa daa, here’s the finished hanging.
Have a great day everyone.